We have two Practice Nurses, Debby Ashe (RGN) and Lynne Norton (RGN).
Our Practice Nurses carry out many practical procedures such as:
- Removal of sutures
- Blood pressure reading
- Performing cervical smear tests
- contraceptive repeats& advice
- New patient assessments & health checks
They also have an important role in health promotion including
- Disease Management which covers Diabetes,COPD, Hypertension, Asthma and Heart Disease.
- Advice on diet/exercise, smoking cessation, cholesterol, family planning, sexual health,Foreign Travel,Minor ailments and illness, and breast awareness.
The nurses carry out most of the immunisations and offer travel advice. The nurses are available for consultation directly without referral from the doctor. Please make an appointment at reception.